Volunteer at BVS
Share your time, skills and talents with individuals who have developmental disabilities. Baker Victory Services’ Developmental Disabilities Division Volunteer Program is designed to enhance the quality of life for individuals in our residential program. These individuals range in age from infancy to adulthood.
We believe that our situations may differ, but one thing does not: we all need to smile, play, and be loved.
The Volunteer Program exists to provide our residents who have developmental disabilities with companionship and assistance with leisure/therapeutic activities such as:
- Field trips
- Arts and Crafts
Volunteering is a rewarding pastime, which offers a number of benefits:
- New friendships
- Experience for a career in human services: (Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy, Social Work, Special Education, Medical, etc.)
- Ability to share your time and talents with others.
Each prospective volunteer takes part in our Volunteer Orientation program, which includes a comprehensive overview of state regulations, agency policies, and expectations of the volunteer staff.
How to Begin
Anyone age 18 or over, is eligible to take part in the Volunteer Program. Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at (716) 828-9525 to request an application.
In order to comply with New York State regulations, we require and provide:
- Initial and annual tuberculosis test (Mantoux)
- Criminal background check
- Child Abuse Registry check