The Early Childhood Programs of Baker Victory Services were founded in 1971 and follow a long tradition of providing the highest level of care to all members of our community. With two locations, at Monarch on Ridge Road in Lackawanna and on St. John’s Parkside in South Buffalo, our Early Childhood Programs have developed a reputation as one of the finest in Western New York.
A full range of programs for every age!
Early Childhood Day Care (Ages 6 weeks to 18 months)
Baker Victory Services offers full-day child care for infants and children as young as six weeks old. Focused on early education and providing a nurturing environment, children enjoy a playful atmosphere and plenty of TLC. The program also includes basic, child-friendly sign language so that even the very young can effectively communicate. Our staff considers parent communication to be an essential element at every level of care, particularly at the infant stage, so every effort is made to discuss your child’s needs on a daily basis, including a complete report of your child’s care at pick up.
Toddlers and Two’s Programs (Ages 18 to 36 months)
The Toddlers and Two’s programs for children 18 to 36 months will stimulate and educate your child with a developmentally-appropriate curriculum designed to promote language and literacy development. Programs stress early learning, language development, socialization, creativity, fine and gross motor development, imaginary play skills and sensory awareness to prepare your child for the education years ahead. The program is structured to foster both academic and physical development. Teacher-to-child ratios exceed state-recommended standards to ensure that children enjoy plenty of attention and encouragement as they get a jump start on learning.
Preschool Program (Ages 2 ½ -5 years)
The Integrated Preschool Program features children with and without disabilities playing and learning together. Both half-and full-day classrooms are available, providing quality education in a language-rich environment. The curriculum is based on the New York State Preschool Learning Standards and consists of developmentally-appropriate activities including math, science, creative art, music, and play interaction. The focus is on communication and opportunity for success with peer role models.
- Each classroom is staffed with a Master’s level teacher and at least 2 certified assistants
- Classroom enrollment ranges from 12-14 children, some with special needs along with their typically developing peers.
- The program also provides on-site: Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Counseling, Music Therapy, Service Coordination, Social Work, and Family Training.
- Children go on field trips to educational and fun learning places like: Hidden Valley Animal Adventure, Kelkenberg Farms, Zittel Farms, and Tifft Farm Nature Preserve. In addition, the program hosts many special guests and events throughout the school year including: magician visits, puppet shows, reptile shows, Community Helper Week, and a school-wide art show.
Early Intervention (EI) Program
Baker Victory Services is also a licensed Early Intervention provider through the Erie County Department of Health for children ages 0-3 years old. The Early Intervention (EI) Program is a statewide program administered by the New York State Department of Health and by the Erie County Department of Health at no cost to parents, to assist any child with a developmental delay, disability, or condition that affects development that may need help. Early Intervention Services provided by Baker Victory Services include:
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Social Work/ Counseling
- Parent/Child Group
- Special Education Itinerant
Parents are primary interventionists is an Early Intervention support and service model designed to partner with families and caregivers to identify natural learning opportunities within daily activities and life experiences. Our services are provided in the home or child care center. Our professionals work with the families to ensure success for the child. All children under three years of age who may need EI services must be referred to the Early Intervention Official in the county where the child lives.
RSO Program (Related Service Only)
The caring expert staff at Baker Victory Services can provide additional therapeutic services for children ages 3 to 5 years old that will help your child reach his or her fullest potential towards educational success. Services are provided in a variety of environments which can include home, daycare, and preschool. Our therapists use play-based activities to help engage your child while working on developmentally appropriate skills.
Speech Therapy- Communication skills that may include understanding directions and concepts, language expression, sound production/articulation skills, and social language skills.
- Occupational Therapy- Small motor skills in play, prewriting skills, sensory processing, eating, bathing, and dressing skills
Physical Therapy- Large motor skills; strength, balance, coordination, functional movement.
- SEIT- Cognitive skills that include pre-academic concepts (shapes, numbers, letters), matching, and problem-solving; social skills that include interacting with peers and attending to activities and adults.
- Social Work/Counseling- Social Emotional skills and behavior addressed through play therapy, social stories and behavior management. Parent training and support provided at home to encourage carry over of established school plans in the child's home environment.