ChildPro offers a variety of educational and therapeutic services in the following areas:
- Multidisciplinary and single discipline evaluations (EI, CPSE, and CSE)
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy (including Sensory Integration)
- Special Education Itinerant Teacher Services (SEIT)
- Service Coordination
- Social Work
- Hippotherapy (HPOT)
- Family Training and Support
- Assistive Technology
- Special Class in an Integrated Setting (SCIS)
- Self Contained Classrooms (SCC)
- Groups of Families and Children (Parent Child Groups)
ChildPro helps children flourish by providing special educational and therapeutic services:
- Early Intervention (EI)program evaluations and services for children age 0-3
- Committee on Preschool Special Education (CPSE) services for preschoolers
- Committee on Special Education (CSE) services for school-age children
The caring experts at ChildPro share one goal – doing what's best for your child and family. We coordinate with county agencies and local school districts to help determine whether or not a child may need extra help. Then, we can provide educational and therapeutic services when indicated. We work with each child and his or her family to promote optimal development and inclusion in their home and our community.
Our family-centered approach toward treatment is based on teamwork and close collaboration with you and your child's educators and health care providers. The team of caring professionals at ChildPro will help you take charge of your child's education, therapy needs and progress.
The first step toward helping a child who may have special educational or therapeutic needs is to identify early on what, if any, interventions or services may be required. Parents starting on this pathway need an advocate to help steer a course through the maze of agencies, regulations and confusing technical issues that may lie ahead. You can rely on our experience for information and advice to help you make the best decisions for your child.
We're one member of a team that consists of you as head coach, plus your child's educators, school administrators and health care professionals. Our goal is to support your family with the kind of knowledgeable assistance that will make your child's developmental progress a positive, life-affirming experience and a stepping stone to greater achievements.
If you or someone you know has concerns regarding your child's development the caring experts at ChildPro will coordinate with county agencies, local school districts and pediatricians to determine whether or not your child may be eligible for services. Getting help early can make a difference in your child's life.
A family centered evaluation can be conducted at your convenience in a location where your child is most comfortable which may include your home, childcare center, preschool or community site. ChildPro will conduct a play based assessment of your child's needs in all developmental areas. Parents can select an approved evaluator from a list of evaluation providers, ChildPro is both an approved evaluator for both Early Intervention and Preschool.
- Early Intervention (Birth-2 years old)
- Family centered multidisciplinary developmental evaluation
- Supplemental Evaluations in the areas of:
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Special Instruction
- Sensory Integration
- Preschool (3 years old-5 years old)
- Multidisciplinary Evaluation (MDE)
- Social History
- Educational Evaluation
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Special Instruction
- Sensory Integration
- Behavioral Assessment
The early years of a child's life are very important. During the infant and toddler years, children grow quickly and have so much to learn. Some children and families face special challenges and need extra help. Early help does make a difference! The Early Intervention Program is a federal and state funded program designed to identify and assist infants and toddlers that have various diagnosed conditions and/or those with developmental delays. Once a child is determined to be eligible for services the caring team of professionals at ChildPro will assist your family in taking charge of your child's education/therapy needs and progress.
Our Family centered approach toward treatment is based on teamwork and close collaboration with your child's caregivers and healthcare providers. ChildPro is approved by New York State and has a contract with local counties to provide Early Intervention Services.
We embrace the P.A.P.I. model (Parents as Primary Interventionists), which emphasizes family-centered services. Here, the family members are the most important influences on children and directly impact their development and progress. Our therapists use a play-based therapy approach and facilitate a cooperative partnership with family members during treatment sessions. Strategies are taught that can be used during everyday interactions to support your child's development.
Our Early Intervention Services Include:
- Special Education – Functional, cognitive and social kills that include thinking learning, problem solving and interacting with others.
- Speech and Language Therapy- Functional communication skills which may include following directions, understanding concepts and verbal expression of wants and needs.
- Occupational Therapy- Small motor skills in play, sensory processing, eating, bathing and dressing skills.
- Physical Therapy- Large motor skills; strength, balance, coordination and functional movement.
- Ongoing Service Coordination- Coordinates services, facilitates the Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP), community outreach and transition assistance.
- Counseling/ Family Training- Supporting families, parent and child advocacy and community outreach.
- The Early Intervention (EI) Program is a statewide program administered by the New York State Department of Health and in Erie County by the Erie County Department of Health at no cost to parents.
- All children under 3 years of age that may need EI services must be referred to the Early Intervention Official in the county where the child lives. For more information call (716) 858-6161 and ask to speak with an Early Intervention Official or call us at (716) 822-4781 and we can assist you through the process.
Services may be provided as a related service in the community or in one of our educational classroom program settings as determined by your school district's Committee on Preschool Special Education.
Our Preschool Services Include:
Classroom Based Programming
ChildPro's approach to integrated programming is that children perform best in the most natural environment in their own communities. Therefore it has been our practice to partner with well established quality early education centers in order to create integrated programming for our preschoolers with special needs. We currently collaborate with two local NAEYC accredited child care centers and eight Head Start locations. ChildPro's Preschool Program provides individualized services in the least restrictive environment to support each child in an effort to reach their full potential. The goal of our integrated classrooms is to allow the child to receive special education services while interacting with age-appropriate peer models. ChildPro also provides programming for children with more restrictive needs in a self contained setting located at our facility in Lackawanna, these students also are provided opportunities to integrate with peer models when appropriate.
We ensure that each classroom follows a curriculum that meets the New York State Learning Standards for preschool. We provide specials such as creative dramatics, JumpBunch and visits by a therapy dog in order to enhance our program. Additionally, we infuse sensory experiences and opportunities to explore technology such as computers, iPads and interactive SmartBoards. Our staff ensures that Individual Education Plan (IEP) goals and objectives are being met throughout the child's program and are addressed by the child's entire teaching team.
Related Service Only
The caring expert staff at ChildPro can provide the service that will help your child reach his or her fullest potential towards educational success. Services will be provided in a variety of environments which can include home, daycare, and preschool. Our therapists use play-based activities to help engage your child while working on developmentally appropriate skills. Children with a wide range of needs find the expert attention and care they need at ChildPro.
- Speech Therapy- Communication skills that may include understanding directions and concepts, language expression, sound production/articulation skills, and social language skills.
- Occupational Therapy- Small motor skills in play, prewriting skills, sensory processing, eating, bathing, and dressing skills
Physical Therapy- Large motor skills; strength, balance, coordination, functional movement.
- SEIT- Cognitive skills that include pre-academic concepts (shapes,numbers, letters), matching, and problem-solving; social skills that include interacting with peers and attending to activities and adults.
- Social Work/Counseling- Social Emotional skills and behavior addressed through play therapy, social stories and behavior management. Parent training and support provided at home to encourage carry over of established school plans in the child's home environment.
- Hippotherapy- A form of physical, occupational and speech therapy in which a therapist uses the characteristic movements of a horse to provide carefully graded motor and sensory input.
Services for School-aged children
The Committee on Special Education determines whether school-age children (from 5 years of age through high school) require services. We will coordinate with your local school district’s CSE to evaluate and provide approved services that monitor and support your child’s progress. School-age children who are experiencing academic, developmental or injury-related difficulties may be served by our dedicated staff through a contract with your local school district or charter school.
ChildPro provides integrated and center-based Special Education services in eleven locations throughout Erie County. ChildPro collaborates with Monarch Little Learners Academy, CAO Head Start, Bethel Head Start, and Westminster Early Childhood Program.